Psst! We may receive a small commission for affiliate links posted within this page, such as Amazon and Walmart, but at absolutely no cost to you. All opinions are our own. Visit the Disclosure Page for details. Thanks for dropping by!
Updated: April 1, 2021
You might be wondering what’s so appealing about the Contain the Clutter Ziploc Accessory Bags?
Read on to find out and see how they work, what does or doesn’t work, why we ended up buying more, and how Ziploc accessory bags from the Contain the Clutter line might work for you and your organizing needs.
In this post…
What are Ziploc Accessory Bags?
Sometimes referred to as Contain the Clutter or Ziploc organizing bags, Ziploc Accessory Bags are reusable bags that are ideal for organizing and decluttering non-food items.
Handy For Organizing
Check out Ziploc’s quick Contain the Clutter accessory bags video:
Update: (5/07/21) Ziploc has added to their design collection for the Contain the Clutter accessory bag lineup. Click here to check them out.
Where to Find Ziploc Accessory Bags
The Ziploc accessory bags were initially only sold at Walmart and as 5-pack sets, with each group based on a specific size, Essential Stuff or Skinny Stuff, as well as with different design styles, Boho, Charm, and Chic (see below for more details).
Ziploc Organizing Bag Count Sizes
5-Count Ziploc Accessory Bags: The Ziploc Accessory Bags come primarily as 5-pack sets and are slowly becoming more available at places like Amazon.
10-Count Ziploc Accessory Bags: Ziploc has since started to offer their accessory bags as a 10-count option, too, which you can also find at other stores such as Amazon. The 10-count combination set offers users five each of the Skinny Stuff and Essential Stuff sizes and comes in different design packages.
15-Count Ziploc Accessory Bags: We’ve also been spotting the Contain the Clutter bags in a 15-pack set at none other than Costco lately, and they’re, of course, marked at a fantastic price.
You can occasionally find them in other stores, like Amazon, typically through 3rd party sellers. So far we’ve seen the 15-pack in the Chic and older (discontinued) Boho style.
You can find out more information on the design combinations and the two sizes, Essential Stuff and Skinny stuff, as well how they work or differ below.
Get Ziploc Accessory Bags
What Do Ziploc Contain the Clutter Bags Do?
Sometimes called just Ziploc organizer bags or Ziploc makeup bags, the Contain the Clutter accessory bags currently come in two different sizes: Essential Stuff and Skinny stuff.
About the Contain the Clutter Line’s Design Factor
The material is a thicker, semi-transparent plastic that differs from traditional sandwich bags. Thanks to the sturdier plastic, they’re far more durable, reusable, and easy to clean, too.
I also wind up appreciating the semi-transparent material since it makes the contents inside the bags more private.
This means that you could probably, say, take out a bag that has tampons inside it in front of your friends—or a blind date, if you’re feeling daring—and they likely wouldn’t notice.
How Ziploc Contain the Clutter Accessory Bags Might Benefit You
The Ziploc accessory bags differ from their sandwich-holding counterparts in another way: they cause items to stack on top of one another. As a result, you wind up getting a more compact fit.
However, the way in which the bags will condense the amount of space used will depend on the size you choose—the larger Essential Stuff size or the smaller Skinny Stuff version.
The Skinny version seems to help save space when dealing with smaller items such as lip balm, hair ties, lipsticks, pens, etc., causing the contents inside to stack on top of one another for a more compact fit.
Either way, they save space and help keep things organized, and they help prevent accidents, such as leaks, spills, and mars, which I often have issues with.
Essential Stuff Bags
The Essential Stuff version promotes space-saving benefits but also features an expandable bottom.
Skinny Stuff Bags (3.875″ x8.125″)
As mentioned earlier, the Skinny Stuff version’s compact design causes the contents to stack on top of each other, helping to save on horizontal space. Its design is similar to old-school pencil bags.
The Skinny Stuff version of the Ziploc Accessory bags is suitable for:
We love using the Skinny version in purses, desk drawers, backpacks, or regular bags in particular.
The Skinny Stuff Bag even gave me a bit of a fun Harry Potter moment.
Even though my purse was practically overflowing with clutter, the Skinny Stuff bags left me with a surprisingly tidy purse.
After using them, things went from their usual chaos and disorganization to suddenly being neat and orderly. It even went from me not being able to close the zip to having empty pockets, too.
I think it may have even been the first time I’ve seen my purse with empty sections and pockets, like magic. And it really did make me think of Perkin’s Magic Tent—that ever-ending bag-turned-tent in Harry Potter.
The 10-Count Collection Bags
This 10-piece set features 5 Skinny Stuff and 5 Essential Stuff bags, with the design based on the collection style chosen. We’ve so far only seen the Chic style available in this pack. Although they are not always available online, you can typically find the 10-count at Walmart.
The Costco 15-Count Collection Bags
This is a 15-piece set that has 10 Essential-sized bags and 5 Skinny Stuff bags. So far, this is only available at Costco.
Are Ziploc Accessory Bags food safe?
- Ziploc has stated on several product listings that their Contain the Clutter Ziploc Accessory Bags are not meant for storing unwrapped food(s) and loose consumables(s) like medication, gum, vitamins, or mints.
- If you’re looking for something that’s food-safe, you may want to use reusable freezer bags instead of the Ziploc accessory bags.
Can you heat stuff up in a Ziploc accessory bag?
- Nope. Instead, try microwave- and food-safe bags.
Can you put Ziploc Accessory Bags in the dishwasher?
- There is no indication that the Contain the Clutter Ziploc Accessory Bags are considered safe and should likely be washed by hand, as instructed on the Ziploc website. Consider dishwasher-safe bags that are similar to Ziploc accessory bags.
How do you clean Ziploc Accessory Bags?
- According to the Contain the Clutter page on the Ziploc Website, Ziploc Accessory Bags can be wiped clean using a damp cloth. We have also had some success with soaking them in a sink or bowl full of warm water and mild dish soap.
Although basic in their design, these Ziploc accessory bags are great for space-saving storage.
Above all, they’re also an excellent choice for organizing—especially in the smallest of spaces. Best of all, they’re durable, affordable, and able to suit a wide variety of needs.
Things We Love
Things That Could Be Improved
Ziploc Contain the Clutter Accessory Bags
- Discreet yet contents remain somewhat identifiable to user
- Allows for easy access and organizing (via pattern)
- Can be customized further with labels
- Various styles and sizes to choose from
- Reusable and washable
- Versatile for various kinds of organizing and places
- Not as widely available online unless currently
- Ziploc zipper sometimes slips off, as it tends to do on their sandwich bags, but easy enough to put back on.
- Their marketing and branding (i.e., sizing vs. packs vs. names vs. styles) of the product line is a little confusing, which can sometimes affect finding it online properly, but that might also be on the stores.
- Ziploc seems to switch up their lineup, such as with their Boho collect, and are dubbing them Limited Edition now (05/07/21).
Get Ziploc Accessory Bags
Do you use Ziploc Accessory bags? If so, what do you like using them for the most? Comment down below! And for more nifty storage solutions, check out our review on the Clevermade Collapsible Laundry Tote 2-Pack.
- What to Know About Lysol Simply Orange Blossom (Tested Review)
- Top 10 Tricks and Clever Uses for Dawn Dish Soap
- Clevermade Collapsible Laundry Basket Tote 2-Pack (with pictures)
- All About Thinsters Coconut Cookie Thins
- How Well Does The O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop Work?