Psst! We may receive a small commission for affiliate links posted within this page, such as Amazon and Walmart, but at absolutely no cost to you. All opinions are our own. If you'd like to know more, visit the Disclosure Page, and thanks for dropping by!
This post covers our hands-on experience using the 24-Bottle YouCopia Adjustable Spice Rack Organizer, what there is to love about it and what we found to be lacking.
We also go into who might find it useful as well as situations where it might not be. And we provide specs, company info, our previous and long-time experience with the older version of the SpiceStack, and a few alternative options to consider.
In this post…
- About the Brand
- Our Experience with the YouCopia Brand
- What is the YouCopia Adjustable Spice Rack Organizer?
- YouCopia Spice Stack Features
- Key Benefits of the YouCopia SpiceStack
- Who Might Love the YouCopia 24-Bottle Spice Rack
- Where the YouCopia Spice Rack Organizer Might Work Best
- When It Might Not Be the Best Option
- What Can You Store In the SpiceStack?
- YouCopia Chef’s Edition, Discontinued (Comparison)
- What We Love
- What Could Use Improvement
- Final Thoughts
YouCopia is a female-owned company that focuses on innovative organizing products for the home, particularly kitchen organizing. The majority of their space-saving products revolve around pantry, cabinet, drawer, refrigerator, freezer, and cleaning product organization.
Our Previous Experience with YouCopia Products
It’s certainly not my first rodeo using the YouCopia SpiceStack Adjustable Organizer.
We had another version in our previous home, and it didn’t take long for it to become one of those must-have products for our household.
I ended up buying the newer 24-bottle SpiceStack version once I discovered how much I hated life without the old one during a recent move, having given up custody of the previous one to my ex, and it was actually one of the first things we ended up buying for our new home.
I first grew to appreciate YouCopia a few years ago after trying out one of their tea organizers and their Chef’s Edition version of the SpiceStack.
The Chef’s Edition SpiceStack was a huge lifesaver for our cramped kitchen back at my old place, which you can find details about below. I plan to do a review on the tea organizer in the near future, but you can find it on Amazon here.
Since then, I always check out their products and a few other favorite brands whenever I need a storage or organizing solution in my kitchen. We are not sponsored!
What is the YouCopia Adjustable Spice Rack Organizer?
The YouCopia SpiceStack Adjustable Spice Rack Organizer is a cleverly designed storage solution for those who want to coral their spice bottles as well as keep them organized and easy to find.
It features four pull-out drawers that also pull down, effectively lowering spices down for better visibility and access, regardless of your height, and all while maximizing vertical space that often goes unused.
The unit itself can hold up to 24 regular-sized herb or spice seasoning bottles of various shapes and sizes, including smaller bottles. It can also hold slightly larger bottles, thanks to the removable dividers that offer both support for the bottles and height customization.
YouCopia SpiceStack Features
Some of the YouCopia Spice Organizer features include:
Key Benefits of the YouCopia SpiceStack
Who Might Love the YouCopia 24-Bottle Spice Rack
Since finding the right organizing methods usually comes down to personal preference or specific situations, here are a few circumstantial examples where the SpiceStack Organizer by Youcopia might benefit people the most.
Where the YouCopia Spice Rack Organizer Might Work Best
While most kitchens could potentially benefit from a spice-organizing setup like the SpiceStack Organizer offers, not all kitchens are alike. Here are situations where we felt the SpiceStack might shine the most.
When It Might Not Be the Best Option
We also thought we’d mention areas where the SpiceStack Spice Organizer may not work as well, or where other options might work better, and where other factors may need to be considered.
What Can You Store In the SpiceStack?
With the exception of something like a jumbo-sized container (see pictures farther down below) that you’d find at Costco, you’re more than likely going to be able to fit various shapes and sizes inside the YouCopia SpiceStack Adjustable Organizer.
So far, we’ve been able to store:
However, unless you cook a ton or use a lot of a particular spice, smaller is usually better since dried spices and herbs only stay fresh for 1-4 years, depending on the type and whether it’s whole or been crushed.
Info on average spice and herb seasoning shelf life, according to McCormick:
Generally speaking, dried seasonings, herbs and spices in jars last about 1-2 years. But there are exceptions worth noting. Read on for our comprehensive guide to understanding where your spices stand:
The Shelf Life of Spices
Here’s a rough guideline on the life of those seasonings in your kitchen:
• Indefinite: Vanilla extract, salt, and that’s about it. (Other extracts will fade in 2-3 years).
• Whole spices (unground, such as peppercorns, whole allspice, caraway seeds, and more): 3-4 years
• Ground spices (such as cumin, ginger, paprika and chili powder): 2-4 years
• Ground and whole leafy herbs such as basil, oregano, rosemary and most seasoning blends: 1-3 years
YouCopia Chef’s Edition, Discontinued (Comparison)
As mentioned earlier, I used to own the 30-bottle Chef’s Edition of the YouCopia SpiceStack (discontinued).
Even though it wasn’t as sturdy on the shelves as I would’ve liked, I never once had a problem with it. I grew to love it and got used to the shelves, eventually being able to pull them out with confidence.
I wound up liking the product so much that I wound up missing it while staying and my mother’s place while staying with her and later wanting another at the new home. Unfortunately, they no longer seem to manufacture the YouCopia Chef’s Edition SpiceStack, much less any of their other ones that varied in sizes and bottle count.
I loved being able to pick how many bottles I wanted to accommodate using the older versions. I also liked the Chef’s Edition squared look more than the newer ones’ rounded appearance (including the spice name labels). So I’m kind of hoping they bring it back eventually.
Still, I find the more recent 24-bottle spice rack version just as nice to use while cooking and storing items. The newer 24-bottle YouCopia Spice Rack version also stands out against the older model when it comes to its moveable dividers, allowing for more customizing.
I love having the dividers since I’m now starting to use smaller bottles for seasonings that I use less often. It’s also helpful if you have bottles that aren’t jumbo but still taller than average. I do, however, wish that the dividers were a little more intuitive when putting them into place. Sometimes I’m not always sure I’ve got them in right.
Here are some key takeaways that might help you determine if the YouCopia Spice Organizer would be the right choice for you.
What We Love
What Could Use Improvement
The YouCopia SpiceStack 24-Bottle Spice Rack is an excellent addition to any kitchen needing easier access and better organization. It’s also great for households that tend to mess up or lose their spice bottles, or who even are in the habit of not putting things back where they belong.
While there are certainly several options available on the market to consider, I loved our first version enough that I missed having it around when I moved. So much that I immediately purchased one before the rest of the house was even unpacked and put away.
And even though it’s not quite the same as the Chef’s Edition, I still felt great having at least my spice bottles organized again, and loved it when I was able to quickly find what I needed during our first few nights of cooking in our new kitchen.
Would we recommend it? Definitely, but there are, fortunately, plenty of other options to consider these days, too. But if you’re looking for something that’s straightforward and easy to use, doesn’t require any assembling, and keeps things looking neat and tidy, then we feel the YouCopia Adjustable Spice Organizer might work well for you.
- Reasonably priced
- Great for storing various bottles of different shapes and certain sizes
- It saves you from having to peer into dark cabinets or needing to remove items to see other ones
- Customizable dividers
- Great for shorter individuals or when having to reach for spices normally
- It brings things down to eye level
- Saves time while cooking
- Keep spices organized and where they belong, including by other household members.
- Able to label with pre-printed labels or by making your own
- Awesome design and organizing concept
- Not as many sizes available currently, unlike their previous version
- Chef’s Edition (discontinued) had a more appealing style
- Could be a little sturdier/Construction could be better but still tolerable.
- Label quality is kind of low quality. The previous version had better and more durable labels.
- A little overpriced at some stores, but its effectiveness kind of makes up for it…sort of.
Other favorite kitchen-organizing and food-prepping brands:
Know of any good kitchen organizing brands, or have a favorite product to share? Let us know in the comments down below!
- StorageLAB Under Bed Shoe Organizer, 2-Pack: Best Under-the-Bed Shoe Organization?
- 21 Easy Ways on How to Keep Your Kitchen Clean As You Cook
- Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Make Your Bed
- Clevermade Collapsible Laundry Basket Tote 2-Pack (with pictures)
- Top 10 Tricks and Clever Uses for Dawn Dish Soap